Last modified: 26 October 2023
1. Purpose of this policy
At Fore! Group, we believe in the importance of safeguarding your privacy and personal data. This policy is designed to explain how we handle your personal data when you use our Fore! Connect extension (referred to as ‘the extension’). It also outlines your rights and choices regarding your personal data, including access, correction, and erasure. By using the extension, you agree to the practices described in this policy.
2. Defining personal data
When we refer to ‘personal data,’ we mean any information that can be used to identify an individual. This may include information provided (e.g., name, email address, phone number) or generated during your use of Fore! Connect. Business-related information, such as a company name or physical address, is not considered personal data.
3. The information we collect
We will collect and use the following information about you:
Information you provide
When you download and enable the extension, you’ll be asked to provide information for registration, account creation, or linking. This may include [name, email address, phone number, job title, password, account settings, and business billing details]. Depending on the functionality of Fore! Connect that you use, additional information may be required to enable integrations with third-party products or services. In the future, you may choose to provide additional information as part of your use of Fore! Connect, such as through surveys, bug reports, reviews, or email communication.
Automatically collected or generated information
Information received from third parties
At times, we may receive information, including personal data, from third parties like our software or integration partners. We also record information from external platforms that Fore! Connect relies on, such as transaction details and payment verification.
Data accessible through WebExtension API
WebExtension APIs used within Chrome Extensions have fine-grained permission levels enforced by the Web Browser. Fore! Connect can only access specific information with your explicit permission. We do not track your browsing history. Additional optional permissions may be requested for specific features. When you enable a feature that requests an optional permission, your Web Browser will make it clear what permission(s) are being requested. The feature will be accessible once you choose to allow the requested permission(s).
4. How we use personal information
We use your information to fulfil our contractual obligations, providing you with access to Fore! Connect and its features. In some cases, we may need to share your information with our employees, affiliated partners, and service providers for administration, provision, and improvement of Fore! Connect. We use a need-to-know approach, granting access only for specific purposes. Some third-party service providers may be located outside the European Economic Area or the UK. If so, we ensure an adequate level of protection for personal information. Otherwise, we will only share personal data at your discretion and according to this policy.
In addition, we may use your information to:
- Improve and monitor Fore! Connect services: It is in our legitimate interests to improve our offerings for our customers. When doing so, we may use the information we automatically collect or is generated about you when you use Fore! Connect, as well as non-personal Information about your device such as device manufacturer, model and operating system, and the amount of free space on your device.
- Provide you with support and to respond to your requests or complaints: If you reach out to us for support, we will use your information to respond to and resolve your queries and complaints and facilitate support. When doing so, we perform our contractual obligation towards you. The Information we process when doing so includes your registration information, your identifiers, and any other information about you collected via our customer support channels.
- Communicate with you: We may use your information to communicate with you about administrative matters, customer service, and updates related to Fore! Connect. You have the option to opt out receiving these communications, as detailed in Section 7 below.
- Conduct surveys and Interviews. From time to time, we may ask you to participate in surveys and Interviews we conduct which are in our legitimate interest because they help us understand our user base and improve Fore! Connect If you participate, we process your registration information and any other Information collected through the survey questions.
- Legal requirements: In certain cases, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal obligations.
Lastly, if we should ever sell all or substantial parts of our company and its assets, including Fore! Connect and the personal information collected through it, we may transfer your information – upon reasonable notice to you- to the acquiring company.
5. Third party websites and applications
Please note that this policy does not cover third-party integrations, websites, applications, or services, even if accessible through Fore! Connect. Use of third-party websites, services, or applications is subject to their respective terms and conditions and privacy policies. We recommend reviewing their policies before using them.
6. Data security and retention
We consider your data as private, confidential information and we take measures to ensure that personal data under our control, regardless of format, is protected and kept secure at all times. Nevertheless, please note that the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We may take extra steps to protect your information and minimise the information we process. For example, when we store your information, we use AES 256 encryption, and when we send or receive your information, it is encrypted with TLS 1.1 or above. We will comply with all applicable laws concerning data breach and notification. We will also aim to mitigate any risks of residual harm to the affected individuals.
7. Your rights
When using Fore! Connect, you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right of Refusal: While some personal information may be essential for extension functionality, you can choose not to provide it, limiting your access to certain features.
- Right to Know: You have the right to be informed about the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data. Feel free to inquire using the contact information provided below.
- Right to Access, Rectification, and Transfer: You can access your personal data at any time and request a copy in a commonly used electronic format. If your data is inaccurate or incomplete, you can ask for corrections or completion.
- Right to Object: You may object to the processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests. We will cease processing unless there are overriding interests or legal obligations.
- Right to Deletion and Data Processing Restriction: If there’s no longer a valid reason for processing your personal information, or if processing is unlawful, you can request deletion or processing restriction. Some information may remain in archived copies as required by law.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: Exercising these rights will not result in discriminatory treatment. You will receive the same quality of services.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: If you believe our processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR (applicable to individuals in the EEA & UK), you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
8. Contact us
For questions, comments, or requests regarding this policy, or if you wish to file a complaint about how we handle your information, please contact us at enquirie[email protected]. We will strive to address your concerns promptly.
9. Changes to this policy